Known measurements include:
|Big with PBC bolt hole||
The adaptor comes perfectly flat so you'll need to bend it to suit the inside curvature of your PBC, approximately 8mm on either side.You'll need some pliers or multigrips and a sturdy work surface, ideally close to your PBC!
- First orientate it with the drill hole at the top. Note which are the 'left' and 'right' edges of the plate.
- Bend the left and right edges about 5mm, gently curving towards the edge of the female coupler in the middle. Avoid putting direct stress on the middle coupler welding join.
- Remove the grates, fuel basket etc from your PBC
- Remove the old door using pliers or a shifter on the bolt, carefully retaining the bolt and nut
- Test the fit of your bent adaptor with the inside of the PBC smoker with the female coupler protruding out the old door vent hole
- Adjust the curvature of the adaptor as required to get a good fit. You want it to be pretty airtight, it doesn't need to be perfect but you certainly don't want any large air gaps
- It includes a silicone red kill plug to seal the adaptor when you do not have the Smartfire Controller plugged in, it keeps the bugs out! Note, silicone is resistant to 260C so don't use it if the pit has been super hot, it's better to let the fire die down for a while before killing it.