Checkout our full installation how-to guide for the Universal Bowl adaptor for kettle and bullet smokers.
- Set the fire / fuel well away from the adaptor.
- On a bullet you want the firebox to have a minion method with a small clearing near where the adaptor is so ash/embers don't fall in. You can also foil off the firebox tray for about 30mm on the bottom side near the adaptor for extra protection.
- On a kettle you want to use a JG Offset Plate or Slow n' Sear to have the fuel on the opposite side of the kettle to the adaptor. You can also just use the Weber little fuel baskets and position them on the opposite side!
- Insert the Smartfire into the coupler
- Run your probes through the grommet if using a kettle as you don't want the lid to be crimping the cables!
- You can optionally open your other vents 3-5mm to provide some circular airflow for an even fuelbox burn and some extra air for higher temp cooks
- Cook to your heart's content
- Shutdown first with your top vents and leave it settle for 10 minutes, ensure other vents are closed
- Attach the kill plug once it's cooled to ~200F to fully kill the fire
- Clean ash out from bowl every month so ash doesn't get into your Smartfire Controller