Smartfire Terms, Warranty – Returns/Repairs
Your enjoyment of our Smartfire products is our primary concern, so please get in touch with us if you have any issues. We've been known to drive spare parts out on Sunday mornings, replace probes etc. Contact us through the Facebook Page (facebook.com/smartfirebbq) or via email email@example.com
The short version is we gladly honour the Australian law consumer guarantees and additionally offer a *30 day* return policy in case you aren't satisfied with the product. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in as new condition. It must also be in the original undamaged packaging.
The below detailed policy should encourage responsible behaviour on both sides of the transaction to ensure smooth sailing for our small business that provides great value and support to the BBQ community!
Detailed Terms of Purchase, Warranty and Support
Smartfire products include a 1 year limited warranty against defects in either components or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to power banks, cable winders, individual probes or integrated probes that are an integral part of the product, where a six month period is offered.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The product warranty and guarantee does not cover damage caused by fair wear and tear, abnormal storage conditions, incorrect use, accidental misuse, abuse, neglect, misapplication or modification, or use with non-Smartfire hardware/software. No warranty of fitness for a particular purpose is offered and the user assumes the entire risk of using the product. Any liability by Smartfire is limited only to the replacement of defective materials or workmanship, and Smartfire accepts no responsibility for the consequential loss. In line with our policy of continuous development, we reserve the right to amend our product specifications without prior notice. This warranty is valid only if the product is purchased from Smartfire directly or from an authorized reseller. If you purchase a Smartfire product from an unauthorized reseller, you will not receive warranty or technical support.
Smartfire does offer a 1 month change of mind happiness guarantee in addition to normal consumer rights. This is from date of purchase and only covers purchases direct from Smartfire. It requires that the unit is in 'New in Box' condition, ie hasn't been used on a bbq, 100% perfect ready for resale. If components of the package are not in 100% new condition then we may at our discretion provide a partial refund to cover the costs of replacing the used/dirty/unsatisfactory components in the package and handling.
Our policy lasts the greater of 30 days from purchase or 5 days of receiving it, just in case there was a parcel delivery delay. If longer than that has passed then unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging if there was formal packaging on the item.
If the happiness guarantee is claimed, the purchaser will not be eligible for any extended terms such as our happiness guarantee on any future purchases. We reserve the right to refuse and refund an order and subsequent purchases are strictly limited to the Australian Consumer Law guarantees, ie for warranty and defective manufacturing.
Purchaser is responsible for return shipping costs, read below for further information on shipping.
Products with limited 3 month warranty;
- Power banks
- Cable winders
Shipping Policy / Freight Carriage and Insurance
Smartfire uses a range of mail carriers and freight companies to deliver goods, the most common carrier is Australia Post who has a partner network of domestic providers for local delivery in international countries.
- Smartfire has no responsibility for parcel loss, damage, delay or other events once the parcel is lodged with the carrier. For context, this is similar to CFR (Cost and Freight) incoterms where Smartfire will contract a freight company on behalf of the customer and the responsibility transfer to the customer as soon as the parcel is lodged with the freight company.
- Parcels are shipped without insurance by default. If a customer desires to insure their purchase then please contact Smartfire for a customised quote on the desired items and postal destination. Note that without insurance if a parcel goes missing the maximum most freight providers will refund is the cost of shipping!
- Customer can request a quote with carrier of choice. Just contact support to ask for a customised shipping quote or to confirm which carrier and class of service would be used for a given destination.
- Smartfire will help as much as practical. As the customer of the freight company, Smartfire will perform reasonable investigation of any missing parcels on behalf of the customer.
Need to lodge a support case?
For a return/repair request you must contact the Smartfire Support team to discuss the issue first. Often we can easily resolve the issue via talking!
If your product does need to be returned for inspection/repair/replacement then we will provide you with postal details.
Contact the Smartfire Support team first!
- Our support ticket system is best. Create Support Ticket
- It will provide automatic knowledge base articles based on your subject, and 9/10 this will have the setup info you need!
- Via FB messenger (https://www.facebook.com/smartfirebbq/) is best so we can have a chat!
To return your product, you should contact Smartfire support first for Return to Manufacturer approval. Then you may mail your product to: Unit 12 604 City Rd, VIC, south melbourne, VIC, 3205, Australia.
Please note our business hours: 9am – 5pm M-F AEST/AEDT and if there are public holidays or we are travelling for BBQ expos/competitions our response may be delayed!
Who covers costs?
The unit must be sent at the purchaser's expense via tracked postage with appropriate and effective packaging to protect the item. The item will only be valid for return/repair if we actually receive it in good order.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- Smartfire will reimburse reasonable postage costs if there is a manufacturing defect, genuine warranty issue or failure that is our responsibility.
- At our discretion Smartfire will reimburse reasonable postage costs under $AUD50, any insurance or express upgrades remain the expense of the sender. We will compare expensive postage claims against what we would pay AusPost Pack and Track class to send it to you and may only refund that amount.
- If the claim is deemed to be the purchaser's fault, frivolous or otherwise outside the scope of warranty, sending the item back to the purchaser will be quoted and invoiced to the purchaser. Payment of the return postage will be required before the parcel will be sent.